Thread: I don't know if he's into me

I don't know if he's into me

There's this guy at work that I've been liking for the past several months now. He's really adorable and flirtations without being ****y. Very understated in his looks but he is cute. Anyway, we keep on bumping into eachother at the coffe station at work and each time, he makes a distinct effort to smile and speak to me. And when I see him in the halls, he makes this "connection" with me by looking straight at me and smiling. Well, we had an office party for the holidays and being the outgoing person I am, I worked the room but didn't make a distinct effort to talk to him right away as to not appear overly eager. Turns out he was unusually quiet & distant when I did show up around him later on. I was talking w a guy from the UK; ok, I was slightly flirting & he was there & I tried to draw him into it. He said a few things, I rested my hand on his forearm once, and eventually he abruptly left wo saying goodbye. So I took it in my hand to turn things around & got to where he sat @ work & asked him if he'd like to go to lunch w me sometime. He said possibly...when would you like to go. I said whenever is good for you...just let me know. That was almost a week ago. I saw him yesterday and his first words were that he noticed my hair was back today. Then he initiated this almost philisophical, intellectual conversation about social dynamics that although I found interesting was a bit confused over. He kept perfect eye contact & was sweetly vulnerable, but HE DIDN'T ASK ME OUT!! I'm just really confused, here. I really like this cat but I now I don't know if he's slowed down for some reason or is simply just looking for a confidant. Anyone (esp a guy) have a clue?

Few possibilities. I know when I go for a girl, if I am looking for one to date. I don't want one that flirts around. He might have thought that since he got you flirting with the guy from UK that you were on of those flirty type.

He might have been going for you but then figured that he couldn't get you then ended up finding another girl.

He might have already had another girl.

He might only like the chase more then the catch.

There are a lot of possibilities.
    Once upon a time...

I understand that I was slightly flirting & that might've turned him off (seems to correlate) so that is why I asked him out to lunch to re-invigorate things. His interest seems like it's still alive & well, but no dice. Anyways, I'll just wait and see. Thank you for your reply, BigRed. I just needed to get this out of my head & see what you guys thought.

Yah thats what I would suggest. Just wait and see. Men are suppose to be the aggressors in all this relationship stuff anyways. Sometimes that can intimadate a man, if a girl asks him out.

But yah time would be the best thing. Mostly because, well, I don't believe in love. So every relationship is the same to me.
    Once upon a time...

[QUOTE=BigRed;42582]Few possibilities. I know when I go for a girl, if I am looking for one to date. I don't want one that flirts around. He might have thought that since he got you flirting with the guy from UK that you were on of those flirty type.

He might have been going for you but then figured that he couldn't get you then ended up finding another girl.

He might have already had another girl.

He might only like the chase more then the catch.

There are a lot of possibilities.[QUOTE]
    Best thing which you can do is ,you should fix some date to explore more .
    Hunter Crowell