Thread: the guy at work!

the guy at work!

I usually don't like any of the guys I work with, but this one came out of nowhere. I work in a retail store, and he came over to my store from another location. I've been working with him for about a month now. I'll call him "K". He's about 2122 years old and just graduated college in May, same as me. I don't really work with him much, but I got to work with him both all day Sunday and yesterday.

Yesterday I was sitting in the break room by myself eating my lunchdinner when "K" came in. He wasn't on his break or anything, so I dont know why he came in and hung out. I sat there eating my lunch and he came in and stood there and kept trying to talk to me. I say "trying" because he was bringing up the most random questions to keep up the conversation. I was just suprised, and also happy that he went out of his way to talk to me.

He works out on the floor and I work up front at the registers, so contact is limited. He came up front a few times yesterday, he usually doesnt say anything but walks by alot or will come up to the service desk to get something. I stand there and pretend not to notice him. but really i do notice him.

He's a cute guy, and a nice guy. I don't have a huge crush on him, but I like that he's around. I always look at the schedule to see if we are working the same days.

The one downside to this is that he is leaving for law school in a month, the school he is going to is down south in GA (we are from PA). So really I shouldn't start really liking him because he is leaving. I dont know if he has a gf. I assume no because he just came back from college in NC and is leaving in month to go to school in GA. It's just dissappointing that this guy comes along and is only here for the summer.

As far as keeping in touch with him when he leaves, I havn't talked to him enough to even have the courage to ask him that. I'm trying to get more hours so that I will see him alittle more and be able to talk to him more.

Has anyone been through something like this? or any opinions or advice would be helpful.....thanks!

Well it sounds like the guy is shy. Doesn't know what to do or say to you.

Being a guy I would say it would never work out since he is going away long distance. To a college. Where there will be a lot more women there.

But in a few cases I have heard of long distance relationships working out. How long will he be going to law school for?

[QUOTE=BigRed]Well it sounds like the guy is shy. Doesn't know what to do or say to you.

Being a guy I would say it would never work out since he is going away long distance. To a college. Where there will be a lot more women there.

But in a few cases I have heard of long distance relationships working out. How long will he be going to law school for?[QUOTE]

hey i actually posted an update on the dating forums titled "he asked me out, now he's gone". but anyway, yea he did ask me out on his last night of work. yea he's shy, he told me the night we went out that he has a hard time making the first move with girls. I was told that law school is 3 years, however, he lives at school during the semester and comes home during xmas break, summer break and holidays. I was told by some people that law school is incredibly difficult, that he might have no time to date at all? I am thinking of emailing him....this week maybe...I'd like to just tell him how I feel. Not exactly sure yet what I'm going to say but I've been thinking about it. Yea I know long distance relationships are hard. my one friend had one with her husband, and he is from Ireland and they actually got married last summer. This guy I met is a good guy, and I feel like its worth it.

Yah one of my teachers actually married a guy she met over the inter. I mean long distance relationships do work out.

"He seems like a good guy." A lot of guys may seem like good guys. I thought my best friend was a good guy. I mean I would suggest him to some ladie friends if they were looking for a guy. Then he ends up cheating on 3 girls within one month. I mean he is a good guy. But good guys do bad things occationally.
    Once upon a time...