Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Why make someone jealous? I need help!

Unhappy Why make someone jealous? I need help!

Someone told me on the internet that I should make the girl I like, whom I am not going out with, jealous by pretending not to fancy her anymore and pretending to fancy someone else for a while because "because when you're used to having someone liking you then they suddenly don't, it makes a difference." That's the advice this person told me. (The person who said it, is a girl.)

Well, I've liked the girl for many years now (four years :xeye: ) and nothing really has happened, but then I haven't been the 'model boyfriend' I do things which I think will help, and actually have an adverse effect.

Well, that's not what I want to talk about necessarily.

I would like to know what making a girl jealous would actually do? And would it even acheive anything AT ALL? :S If she was on the brink of a relationship with someone else, as well ( :cry: :cry: :cry: ), what kind of effect will it have then? She's not what I'd call a 'slag' - going from one boyfriend to another to another to another. In fact, she's had very few boyfriends in her lifetime.

Will she think "Well, now he doesn't like me, I won't hurt him so much by seeing other people, I'M FREE!!!" or will she think something else?

I'm a very faithful person, when it comes to love...I'm definate I'd never get feelings for anyone else, while we were having a relationship, and if it ends, then I'd be dumped, rather than 'do the dumping'. Heck, I haven't even fancied anyone else while I've spent the last however many months actually 'loving' her. So, trying to pretend I fancy someone else will be a very very difficult thing to do...

Can people please give their advice, because I'm really confused and I don't know what to do!!!

Hello? Could someone please help? I need to know before Saturday afternoon :P

If you do it the right way, making her jealous can have magical effects - plus it's not hard at all to pull off.

Your motivation for doing it should be that it gives her the impression that you have value or more value.

People will always gravitate towards things that everyone else wants, regardless of whether they ACTUALLY desire it.

Much like supply and demand, the things that are harder to get will normally have more value.

With that said, making her jealous can take place by her getting the knowledge/impression that your interest is elsewhere...

and/or...

that someone (another female) wants and desires you.

If she (your target woman) is used to your attention, then placing it elsewhere will be more effective. Regardless of her romantic interest in you, she will be flattered and potentially mildly addicted to your showing of interest on some level.

Taking your attention away means that you are taking away the associated good feelings from it that she has grown accustomed to.

So she will (possibly in a way she can't explain) crave and hunger for you on some level.

Hopefully, that helps -

CR James
    Last edited by crjames; 25-Mar-2004 at 12:36 PM.

hmm?

Quote Originally Posted by crjames
    If you do it the right way, making her jealous can have magical effects - plus it's not hard at all to pull off.

Your motivation for doing it should be that it gives her the impression that you have value or more value.

People will always gravitate towards things that everyone else wants, regardless of whether they ACTUALLY desire it.

Much like supply and demand, the things that are harder to get will normally have more value.

With that said, making her jealous can take place by her getting the knowledge/impression that your interest is elsewhere...

and/or...

that someone (another female) wants and desires you.

If she (your target woman) is used to your attention, then placing it elsewhere will be more effective. Regardless of her romantic interest in you, she will be flattered and potentially mildly addicted to your showing of interest on some level.

Taking your attention away means that you are taking away the associated good feelings from it that she has grown accustomed to.

So she will (possibly in a way she can't explain) crave and hunger for you on some level.

Hopefully, that helps -

CR James
    Wow, that's some really good info....I'm just wondering, does this work for girls getting guys jealous too? Or are there some other "special" tips involved with that? I would really like to hear some, if there are some...

Quote Originally Posted by confusedbabe
    Wow, that's some really good info....I'm just wondering, does this work for girls getting guys jealous too? Or are there some other "special" tips involved with that? I would really like to hear some, if there are some...

Yeah, Confusedbabe - it works both ways.

Speaking of, I've actually been on that end of it (as a male) dozens of times throughout my life. In those cases, the female persistently showed interest over a certain period of time and then one day for some strange reason, she isn't showing interest anymore.

The strange thing is that in every case (as I reflect back) the female appeared to be more physically attractive as the perceived interest in me was gone.

My theory, is that my mind was trying to rationalize why I was feeling strangely drawn to this female that I initially labeled as "not-my-type" and possibly convinced me that she looked better.

I will say that there was never a case where I ended up with any of the females - for many reasons.

As far as tips: (using it as a strategy)

1. You should increase the level of flattery over a certain period of time. This will get the target person nice and addicted to those feelings. Regardless of whether you expect the target individual to "give in." Most people will receive a nice warm feeling from compliments or flirtatious acts by anyone who provides it. So naturally, the longer the duration of flirting (or some form of shown interest) in combination with the intensity of it, the more intense the "addiction" will be.

2. When that magical day comes, you just stop showing any interest in that person. You can even act like the target person is annoying you a little bit to add on some spice. Make sure that you appear upbeat and positive (with the exception of your interactions with that person) so that he/she won't assume that you are having a bad day. The ego-preserving individual would love to be able to write it off as you having a bad day (or moment). Carry this non-interest out for a certain duration until the person starts to show interest in you.

3. If the person doesn't show interest the first time around - repeat the cycle of interest-duration and noninterest-duration until the person starts to give in. Basically, the person is trying to claim his or her good feelings back (the addictive drug) with the shockingly displayed interest in you. In addition to that, the target will be drawn to the confusion element. As humans, we will always be magnetized to the things we can't explain - curiosity is our basic human component.

4. Once the confused individual starts to show interest in you, don't rush into the target's arms like a starved lost puppy does when it's reunited with his owner. Instead, you want to cultivate the attraction process with a mixture of actions that express "I think I want you" and "I'm not sure if I want you".

That's it.

The way I see it, making someone jealous is just a tool that allows one to re-establish or create sexual value (or romantic value) for oneself.

Hopefully, that helps

CR James

Well, it's really helpful, thanks!!!

But, impossible to pull off :'(

There is absolutely no way I can make people believe my interest is elsewhere. And that's the truth - everyone knows that I'm so in love with this girl (except for her, I guess...me and her have never talked about it ), that everyone knows that there's no chance of me ever liking anyone else or going off of this one girl :S

In fact, I don't do anything with the girl I love. I don't talk to her, I don't flirt, I don't really give her any attention at all because I'm very shy, and all I feel is great love for her.

So...what can I do then???